Saturday 9 August 2014

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer




Having been dealt the life card of frizzy and thick hair, I’m always on the market for a product that is going to make my hair feel and look silkier and more nourished. Philip Kingsley’s Elasticizer is a hair product that I’ve had my eye on for a while, as it’s such a cult product that I’ve read many a rave review about over the years.

As well as being well known for its hair softening qualities, Elasticizer is notorious for being a pricey addition to any hair care routine. 150ml of this product will usually set you back around £28, however I managed to snap it up when it was on offer to celebrate 40 years of sales and I also had a £5 discount code to use. The limited edition gift set I bought included a 250ml tube of Elasticizer and a towelling wrap to cover the hair while the treatment is on.

The product itself is a thick white cream with no scent that is to be used as a pre-shampoo treatment for dry or heat damaged hair. This cream is to be applied to damp hair, so I wet all my hair in the shower, towel dry it and then comb it through before applying a generous layer all over, from root to tips. I then wrap my hair in the towel provided and leave it on for anything from 30 minutes to a few hours and I like to use this time as a pamper session on a Sunday (I’m talking nail painting, fake tanning, eyebrow plucking, the works).

After the treatment has been on my hair for as long as possible, I wash it out and then shampoo and condition my hair as normal. Whilst washing out the cream, my hair doesn’t immediately feel any softer or silkier, however, as I wash it, the texture changes and my hair feels much softer and less thick and coarse. When I move on to drying, my hair does feel significantly more moisturised and more bouncy and light in texture. I was slightly disappointed that Elasticizer made little difference to the frizziness of my hair, as I expected that the flyaway frizz would have been more smooth after the treatment, however I didn’t notice it to be any less frizzy than when I use my regular conditioner.

Overall, I have enjoyed using Elasticizer, and definitely felt a difference to my hair after use, however I’m on the fence as to whether I would repurchase it at full price, as it didn’t make quite as much difference to the appearance of my hair as I’d hoped.

What are your thoughts on this cult hair treatment? Can you recommend any hair masks to calm frizz and add moisture?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Hi, I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out the questions here:
    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame this didn't make any difference to frizz, I'm always on the hunt for a hair mask that can control mine. But you can't really beat that smooth and silky feeling that some products can give your hair!
    I've tried Umberto Gianni's Overnight Beauty Balm which is a small fraction of the Elasticizer's price, and my hair did feel more bouncy and moisturised. But as it is quite a thick formula and is used after conditioning I would avoid using it on the roots or greasy hair

    http://charlottesroad.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try this for ages, but I keep putting it off because of the price!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have changed the packaging since I got this, but I wasn't actually overwhelmed by it. Think there was too much hype!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this a while ago and i enjoyed using it, but like you said wasn't amazed by it. Lovely post, just found your blog!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is lovely, deffo going to follow on bloglovin xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace! Nice review! I love the pink packaging, I wish they made it regular^^! I received a mini-sized one that I save for my holiday in a few weeks. I will let you know by then what I think about it! Xo, Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to try this product but the fact I'm always so crap at remembering to use hair treatments and the high price tag kinda put me off. Everyone seems to get great results though!


    http://tillyenn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with this product but at least you tried it! Great post lovely Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post :) I have nominated you for the Liebster award :D check it out X

    http://ellisemmerson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Grace,
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Just check out my most recent post for the rules etc: http://beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html
    I'm looking forward to seeing your answers! : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post hun :) I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!

    www.emmaloumay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, maybe want to follow each other? If yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    xoxo
    Http://smellofpeony.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

© Gracie Sees. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig