Saturday 30 May 2015

Nars Namesake





When a product has your name on it, it is instantly more special, and receiving NARS Audacious lipstick in Grace as a Birthday present was no exception. Grace is one of forty shades of the Audacious line all named after (mainly obscure) girls’ names, including Lana, Marisa and Brigitte.

The first thing to note about these lipsticks is their beautiful packaging and luxurious feel. The tube is a weighty matte black with a magnetic closure and the NARS logo is embossed on the actual lipstick itself. The matte metal packaging is a preferable alternative to the rubbery packaging of the NARS eyeshadows I own (as this material seems to ask for foundation fingerprints). 

So, what about the product inside the beautiful packaging? My NARS namesake is a beautiful bright coral, which leans more towards red than pink or orange. The shade is very striking and only one stroke is needed to achieve an opaque and dramatic lip. The formula is a satin finish, however it does tend to stick to dry areas, so an exfoliator and moisturiser is needed prior to its use for a flawless application. Because this lipstick is not a matte finish, the longevity isn’t particularly amazing, however the beautiful colour more than makes up for this.

These lipsticks don’t come cheap at £24, however, they make a special gift and if you can find your friend’s name amongst the 40 offerings, then that would be a bonus!


What namesake products do you own?
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I really should try out more products from Nars. This lipstick looks gorgeous x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, NARS is one of my favourite high-end brands! x

      Delete
  2. I love the Audacious line by Nars :) Love this vibrant color :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm tempted to get more because there are some stunning shades! :) x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, it is perfect for summer too! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful shade and the packaging is gorgeous! It's a shame about the longevity though!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes NARS packaging is beautiful isn't it? The longevity is my only niggle, but it wouldn't stop me buying more of this line because of the lovely colour range! x

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful shade!

    shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  6. The lippies are named after some of Hollywood's most iconic stars. I bought the Grace lipstick a while back, as Grace Kelly is my favourite actress, and this was her favourite shade to wear. Love wearing this colour year round. Such a great investment!

    Katherine || The Green Bows

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks so nice! i actually don't own any of their lip products, need to get on that!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this shade. It's strange that out of all the products I buy I've never purchased a Nars lipstick. I think it's probably time I added one to my collection!

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this shade is just soo pretty!
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning shade!! <3

    Jessica-Lee xo

    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous shade of lipstick, so convenient that its your namesake that you love! This is such a cool idea for a gift. I've had my eye on my namesake of the audacious lipstick, but it is always out of stock :( x
    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your namesake lipstick is gorgeous! I dont own anything with my name in it, must have a little look online to see whats out there xx

    An Impatient Scottish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful shade, so bold and vibrant. I wish Nars had my name on offer!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

© Gracie Sees. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig